Positive Behavior Intervention Supports
- PBIS is a process for creating safer and more effective schools.
- It is a systems approach to enhancing the school climate.
- The process focuses on improving a school's ability to teach and support positive behavior for all students.
- Each school has a PBIS team to design, implement, and evaluate effective school-wide practices that will teach and recognize positive behaviors while further supporting those students who exhibit undesirable behaviors.
- PBIS involves ALL students, ALL staff in ALL settings! It is not a curriculum or a program.