Overdose Response

  • 1.  Try to get a response by lightly tapping, shaking, and raising your voice to get a response. Try to keep them awake.

    2.  Naloxone is a medication that can reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. You can obtain Naloxone (Narcan) after completing a training through local community organizations. If you are interested in completing the training, contact the Cecil County Health Department (410-996-5550).

    3.  If Naloxone is not available and you are getting little to no response from the individual, call 911 and begin rescue breathing (2 quick breaths and 1 strong breath every 5 seconds) and chest compressions (100 compressions every minute).