The 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony will take place on Wednesday, June 13, 2018, at 9:30 a.m.
Guests will not be permitted entrance until the arrival of all buses, around 9:15 a.m. Please do not stand on the sidewalks for entrance prior to this time.
Remember: school-age students who attend another school (in-county or another county) are not permitted to attend this event.
Guidelines for a Safe and Efficient Arrival and Dismissal
We are grateful for the many parents who have worked with us to ensure student/staff safety. As you are aware, we have many buses that transport over 700 students to and from RSES. As the number of car riders continues to increase, it is imperative that we work together and everyone follows the expectations outlined below. Thank you!!
Caring for Yourself and Others at Arrival and Dismissal~In General
- Our new arrival time is 8:45 a.m. Our doors are open at this time and we are ready to receive students into the building. Our goal is to have all 700 students safely in the building, seated, and ready to learn by 9:00 a.m., therefore, it’s important that arrival runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Our new dismissal time is 3:25 p.m. with the exception of 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Car riders will be called first.
- If you are bringing your child(ren) to school in the morning, please use the car rider loop. We understand you may have to wait in line; however, dropping students off in the parking lot to avoid the loop is not safe. You should only be using the parking lot if you need to visit the office.
- Again, do not drop students off in the parking lot. Even when you walk them to the entryway you are taking a risk walking between buses. Also, cars get jammed up in the parking lot and often have a difficult time getting out. Please use the car rider loop.
- Do not park in the handicap parking spots unless you have a certified handicap sticker/tag.
- If you arrive after 9:00 a.m. your child is considered “late” and you must park, come into the office, and sign your child(ren) in.
- Never park in the bus loop. We occasionally have a bus arrive late and when a car is parked in the bus loop, buses cannot get through the loop.
- When you come into the building to pick your child up for dismissal, sign him/her out in the office, then wait in the cafeteria. It is important that parents stay in the cafeteria until their child arrives so that our hallways remain clear for other students to dismiss. Please do not stand in the hallway and chat.
- Exercise patience in the car rider loop. Look at this as quality time with your child(ren).
- To increase the efficiency of the loop, we ask that all adults remain in the car. Our school staff will assist students who need help getting out of the car.
- Please have students ready to get out of the car--shoes/coats on, book bags zipped, and all materials readily available for a quick exit.
- If you have a very young student (PK or PS), please make sure they are escorted to the sidewalk by one of the adults in the loop.
- No passing in the car rider loop. Passing a parked car that is letting a child out presents a tremendous hazard to the child exiting the car.
- Always give the right-of-way to an incoming bus, as this will help keep traffic moving and will allow the bus to get into the bus loop and drop off students. The earlier the students arrive, the sooner they can begin learning:)
- Never let your child ride through the loop in your lap. The same traffic laws that apply when driving on the road apply when driving in the loop.
Care for Self *Care for Others*Care for Your Environment