- Maintain a lending library of articles, newsletters, books, and videotapes on a wide range of special education topics such as special education law, types of disabilities, support groups, and recreational opportunities.
- Seek ways to encourage and strengthen communication between parents and school personnel.
- Refer families to local support groups, workshops, and advocacy groups.
- Provide an opportunity for families to network and share ideas and experiences.
- Link experienced parents to parents of newly identified children with similar special needs.
- Offer support to parents who need someone to talk to on an individual basis in a confidential, supportive atmosphere.
The CCPS Parent Resource Center for Special Education is a cooperative program that includes the:
Family Support Network of the Cecil County Infants & Toddlers Program
Family Support Network Coordinator
Partners for Success of the Cecil County Public Schools Special Education Program
Katie Seymour - Partners For Success Coordinator
Preschool Partners Program
Mary Amerman - Pre-School Partners Coordinator
*If Cecil County Public Schools are closed, the PRC office will be closed.
*If CCPS is delayed due to inclement weather, PRC events for that day will be canceled.
The PRC maintains an email distribution list to provide information about PRC events, to inform about local resources and local agency program opportunities that are relevant to families with children, birth to 21, with special needs or delays. Would you like to be added to the PRC email distribution list? If so, please fill out this google form: PRC email distribution list registration form. Please contact the PRC at email@example.com with any questions.