We are SO excited to offer a sports program for middle school students!
Basketball is about to begin for the winter. Get your packets and physicals so you are ready! Tryouts will be the week of December 10-14.
Forms Needed for Participation
You may download a complete packet here or pick one up from your school.
These forms are found in the packet linked above.
- Medical History Form
- Athletic Physical Examination Form
- Signature Form Sheet
- Insurance Verification Form
- Medical History Form
The CCPS Middle School Interscholastic Program is an extension of the physical education and intramural programs for students in grades 6 through 8. The athletic program offers a higher level of competition. Its primary purpose is to provide the opportunity for advanced skill development for all students with interests and/or talents in athletics.
★·.·´¯`·.·★ ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴀᴛʜʟᴇᴛɪᴄs ★·.·´¯`·.·★
Few things to remember for this first year start up...
1. You must tryout for the team.
2. You must have all forms on file at the school before you can tryout.
3. Tryouts/Practice will be the week of December 10, 2018 for winter basketball.
Athletic Physical Examination Form
EXCEPTION FOR 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR (Beginning of new program)
If you have a physical from your doctor dated after June 1, 2018, your child may participate in all sport seasons.
Otherwise, if you are using an older physical completed before June 1, 2018, the following applies...
- For the first year of Middle School Athletics, a physical completed by medical personnel and dated after February 28, 2018 will be accepted to participate in basketball for the Winter Season.
- A physical completed by medical personnel and dated after May 31, 2018 will be accepted to participate in track for the Spring Season.
Academic Eligibility: (2018-19 Exception)
All students must comply with the CCPS Board of Education Policies and Regulations, as well as school, athletic, and team rules at each school. At the beginning of the 2018-19 school year, all students who are entering grades six through eight shall be eligible for participation regardless of the grades received at the end of the previous school year.
Medical History Form
This medical history section must be completed and signed by the parent before a physical is completed. This form also provides consent for your child to participate in the Middle School Interscholastic Athletic Program.