Driver Info and Classes
2020-2021 Training Schedule
*All Meetings are Held at CCPS Administrative Services Center (ASC) Unless Otherwise Noted*
This schedule is subject to change. School makeup sessions will be released as soon as possible
SCHOOL MEETINGS TBA
**Schools will conduct 1 hour training sessions for drivers and assistants held in either the morning or afternoon. These are required meetings that enable drivers to partially complete COMAR requirements.
- October 15-16: Core 9:00am - 3:00pm
- October 19-20: First Aid/CPR 10:00am - 2:00pm
- November 3: SPED Core 10:00am - 2:00pm
- November 19-20: Core 9:00am - 3:00pm
- December 17-18: Core 9:00am - 3:00pm
- January 21-22: Core 9:00am - 3:00pm
- February 11: SPED Core 10:00am - 2:00pm
- February 25-26: Core 9:00am - 3:00pm
- March 9 and March 11-12: Defensive Driving 10:00am - 2:00pm
- March 25-26: Core 9:00am - 3:00pm
- April 2: SPED Core 10:00am - 2:00pm
- April 15-16: Core 9:00am - 3:00pm
- May 3-4: FA/CPR 10:00am - 2:00pm
- May 20-21: Core 9:00am - 3:00pm
- June 24-25: Core 9:00am - 3:00pm
- July 15-16: Core 9:00am - 3:00pm
- July 20: SPED Core 10:00am - 2:00pm
- November 19-20: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- December 17-18: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- January 21-22: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- February 25-26: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- March 25-26: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- April 15-16: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- May 20-21: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- June 24-25: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- July 15-July 16: 9:00am - 3:00pm
SPED Core Classes:
- November 3: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- February 11: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- April 2: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- July 20: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- May 3-4: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Defensive Driving Classes:
- March 9 and March 11-12: 10:00am - 2:00pm
SPED In-service Classes:
SPED Core: Required 1 day class with 4.5 hours of classroom and hands on instruction. COMAR requires a minimum of 2 hours, CCPS requires a minimum of 4 hours. This training is required for any driver or assistant before they can be on one of our lift buses.
Core: This is a 2 day comprehensive class required for any new driver. In this class we focus on COMAR requirements and CCPS policies and procedures. Each instructional day is 6 hours. Instruction includes rules, regulations and requirements for being a school bus driver in Cecil County. COMAR minimum is 8 hours of classroom instruction.
Defensive Driving: This is a 3 day class required by CCPS for all drivers within the first 6 months of certification. The class consists of 8 hours of classroom instruction which includes the basic principles of defensive driving.
First Aid/CPR: This is a 2 day class consisting of 8 hours of instruction. First Aid is required by COMAR and CPR is required by CCPS. Instruction is hands on training in basic first aid, CPR and AED.
-CPR is Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
-AED is automated external defibrillator
In-service: Required by COMAR. Drivers must get 6 hours of continuing education a year, if SPED certified a driver is required to have 8 hours per year. For Assistants - only required to have 2 hours per year. Must attend to stay certified.
In-service Makeup: For drivers and assistants who did not fulfill their required in-service hours for the year.
The Code of Maryland Regulations, often referred to as COMAR, is the official compilation of all administrative regulations issued by agencies of the state of Maryland.