Bohemia Manor Middle School
The Bohemia Manor Middle School community welcomes you to its profile page, and we encourage you to visit us personally to witness the great things happening in our school. This year we will have a renewed energy and focus through our motto of being Respectful, Responsible, and Cooperative. We believe these qualities are vital for all members of our community to meet their full potential and be productive members of society. Teachers and staff members are also recognized for modeling these qualities on a regular basis. Bohemia Manor is the only school in Cecil County to have the privilege of sharing a building and facilities with a high school. Although the middle and high school operate on separate schedules with different staff, we are one community in spirit. Students have the opportunity to attend school in this building from 6th grade through graduation. This, added to our smaller enrollment, allows us to form strong bonds with our students and their families. Together, we believe that Bohemia Manor serves to educate and prepare all learners to be capable and productive members of society. By providing engaging and relevant instruction, we strive to build positive relationships on the foundation of respect, responsibility, and cooperation.
- We are the only middle and high school in the county in the same building.
- Many of our employees attended Bohemia Manor as students.
- Our staff participate in ongoing professional development.
- Each year, our 6th, 7th and 8th grade students participate in Service Learning within our community.
- Staff continue their training in Life Space Crisis Intervention and Restorative Practices.
- Highest percentage of students represented in All-County Band.
- Chorus and Band programs attend State adjuducation.
- Gold & Silver Status state PBIS Award for the last decade.
- National Junior Honor Society.
- Middle School Sports offered all three season; soccer, basketball and track.
- Archery program.
- Partnership with Cecil County Parks and Recreation for intramural sports and clubs.
- Partnership with Orbital ATK for a yearly visit for 8th grade girls in honor of Women in Engineering.
- Combined Middle and High School Drama Club.
- Annual Variety Show hosted by PBIS.
- Life Skills Instruction, grade 7 & 8.
- Collaboration with North Bay - Outdoor Education Program.
- D.A.R.E. is taught to 6th grade students.
- Chromebook initiative in ELA and Social Studies classrooms.
- 8th Grade Science Fair.
- Drama Club.
- Baking Club.
- Yearbook Club.
- Art Club.
- PBIS specific awards - Triple Crown, Eagle of the Month.
- Check In/Check Out mentor program (CICO).