North East Middle School
200 East Cecil Avenue - North East, MD 21901 - 410.996.6210 - School website
North East Middle School aims to create a safe and secure learning environment in which students are held to high behavioral and academic expectations. Our staff members work diligently to meet the needs of ALL students using high quality instructional practices and collaborative teaching strategies. Through the use of appropriate student supports and rigorous standards and curriculum, students are helped to realize their full potential.
We believe in partnering with parents and our community to provide comprehensive supports to make a lasting difference in and around our school community. When we capitalize on the strengths of our students and support their areas of need, we are able to challenge each student to achieve their very best. Student achievement is everyone's responsibility. We look forward to partnering with you to help every student be successful!
Anthony R. Evans, Principal
Stacy Rahnama, Assistant Principal
Erin Ferdinando, Assistant Principal
David Boros, Assistant Principal
- Our teachers participate in ongoing professional development to support student achievement. For many of our staff members, this includes Masters Degree course work.
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS) Gold Award Winner, Maryland State Department of Education
- Nationally board certified staff members
- Destination Imagination Team has gone to the state competition for the last six years
- Students selected for All County Band and All-County Chorus
- County & State Solo and Ensemble Participants
- Collaboration with North Bay - Outdoor Education Program
- Sixth Grade North Bay Adventure Camp
- National Junior Honor Society
- Clubs: Art Club, Destination Imagination, Student Council, X-STEM Ambassadors, Yearbook, Running club, Green school minecraft, FCA, Drama Club
- Middle School Sports: Soccer, Bocce Ball, Basketball, Track & Field, Girls Volleyball