Rising Sun Middle School is a vibrant and safe learning environment where students, staff and the community embrace learning. The Rising Sun mascot, which is a tiger, symbolizes the pride that we take in our school. With a strong system of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, students are able to focus on learning. Set within the small town of Rising Sun the mission of our school is to prepare students to become lifelong learners. All stakeholders work together to create a supportive learning environment in which our students will become college and career ready. We aim to make a connection with all students by engaging them in powerful learning experiences. As stated in our mission, we are proud to be able to offer a wide range of services that allow all students to feel like they are able to access instruction at an appropriate level for their needs. Honors classes challenge students to accelerate their learning while preparing for high school.
MCAP Testing Results 2019
NWEA MAP Assessment
- Our experienced teaching staff is able to offer rich learning experiences for students.
- With many teachers providing routine communication with parents we are able to enter in a firm partnership with our parents.
- Leaders among the staff utilize their wealth of content knowledge to develop curriculum for Cecil County Public Schools.
- Rising Sun Middle School has a business partnership with Old Dominion Electric Cooperative that provides a healthy source of funding.
- Students have exceeded state averages on the MCAP assessment.
- Students are able to earn High School credit for participation in Chinese or Spanish while in Middle School.
- Rising Sun Middle School has earned "silver" status for their PBIS program.
- Our Band and Chorus students flourish in state competitions.
- We offer an array of interventions to help at-risk students.
We are proud to be able to offer a wide range of services that allow all students to feel like they are able to access instruction at an appropriate level for their needs. Honors classes challenge students to accelerate their learning while preparing for high school. We are also proud to be able to offer the Project Lead the Way engineering program. In year one of this program students study “Design and Modeling,” while in years two and three they study “Automotion and Robotics” and “Flight and Space.”
For our student athletes, we offer an excellent Physical Education program that is complemented by Soccer, Basketball and Track programs. Rising Sun Middle School is proud to offer Chinese and Spanish for eighth grade students to earn high school credit.