In order to increase the number of students who remain in school for Face to Face Instruction, CCPS will implement a Test to Stay Model starting Monday,
Test to Stay is a strategy that allows asymptomatic school-based close contacts to remain in school during their quarantine period. It combines contact tracing and testing (testing that is repeated at least twice during a five-day period after last close contact with a person with COVID-19) to allow students, teachers, and staff to continue in-person learning and work.
- Students and/or staff who have been exposed (see below for home exposures) will have the opportunity to test to stay. If they are fully vaccinated or have had COVID within the last 90 days they may remain in the building without testing as long as they are asymptomatic. Any other close contact may elect to test on day 1 and again on day 5 and remain in the building as long as they wear are asymptomatic.
- Students/staff eligible for our test to stay model and have been exposed during a CCPS school/work day or CCPS sponsored activity will be provided with tests for use on day 1 and day 5.
- Students/staff exposed outside of CCPS, are responsible for providing a negative test result on day 1 (at home), may remain in school/work, and test again on day 5 (CCPS provides day 5 test only). See below for direction regarding home exposures.
- Parents must consent to allow their student to participate in our model. This confirmation may be achieved by phone or in writing if the parent comes to the building.
- Testing will occur on days 1 and 5. The student or staff will be provided two (2) take-home tests and will self-administer the test on the appropriate days and report their results. Students' results will be reported to the school nurse. Staff will report their results to their building administrator or next in-line administrator. If a staff member tests positive, those results will then be shared with Human Resources.
- Home exposures (not vaccinated and not able to isolate) must stay home to quarantine for full 5 days, then starting on day 6, parents can choose one of the following options:
- Quarantine at home for another 5 days (total of 10 days), not test, and return on day 11 OR
- Participate in the Test to Stay program.
CCPS will continue to follow our contact tracing protocols.