Diana B. Hawley
Diana Hawley has a background in early childhood education and early intervention and has been an active volunteer, leader, and advocate for Cecil County Public Schools for over fifteen years. She graduated from St. Mary’s College of Maryland with a degree in Psychology and a concentration in child development.
Diana and her husband, Gordon, moved to Cecil County in 2004. They have two children –a current student at North East High School and a 2022 graduate of Cecil County Public Schools. In addition to her work in the schools, this longtime and current experience as a parent continues to allow her to understand many aspects of the school system and see both the successes and challenges we encounter at various levels.
Ms. Hawley was initially elected to the Board of Education in 2018 and was re-elected in 2022 to serve a second term. She served 2 years as the Vice President and has been the President since 2021. She has also served on the Board of Directors for the Maryland Association of Boards of Education (MABE) since 2021, and in 2023, she was selected to serve as a MABE Officer. She brings a positive energy, a passion for excellence, and active experience in her ongoing work to serve public school students in Cecil County and throughout the state. She believes in advocating for ample and appropriate resources, engaging stakeholders, and providing equitable opportunities for all students so that we can meet their needs, empower their potential, and strengthen the community.
- Maryland Association of Boards of Education (MABE) Officer
- Chairperson, MABE Federal Advocacy Committee
- MABE Policy and Procedures Committee
- MABE Resolutions Committee
- MABE Legislative Committee (alternate)
- Literacy Now Steering Committee
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook Revision Committee
- Citizens Advisory Committee
- Kindergarten Readiness Committee
- Youth Empowerment Source (YES) Coalition Member