Summer Conditioning Program
North East High School will begin the Summer Conditioning program the week of June 22nd. This program is open to all students that are interested in playing a Fall sport, including incoming 9th grade students. Under the guidance from the Maryland Public Secondary School Athletic Association, Cecil County Public Schools has established a clear protocol for all coaches and student athletes to follow. These protocols will be posted on the CCPS Athletics website for all to see. At the forefront of the protocol is the importance of maintaining social distancing, the wearing of face coverings whenever possible and not sharing unsanitized equipment. In addition, each student-athlete will require a signed parent/guardian permission waiver in order to participate and complete a health evaluation check each day before starting conditioning.
Student waivers can be picked up at NEHS between the hours of 8:00 and 3:00 on Monday through Thursday. The waiver is also posted on the school webpage along with information about the location, day, and times that each sport will be meeting for conditioning.
Key items that must be adhered to:
- Waivers must be signed in order to participate
- Mask on from the time you get out of your car in the parking lot
- Must bring your own water or sports drink- NO SHARING of anything
- Meet with your coach for a Pre-Workout Health screening prior to participation daily
- One way traffic from the parking lot to your conditioning location which will be shared by your coaches.
- Social distancing mandates will be in effect throughout the campus at all times
- When conditioning ends you must go directly to your vehicle in the parking lot and leave school property.
- No shared rides to and from conditioning
- Players are the only ones permitted to exit their vehicles. Parents and other individuals must remain in vehicles in the parking lot.