All students will have virtual learning opportunities every school day. All students' schedules will look similar to a typical school day. Individual student schedules will be distributed to students the week of August 24th. Click on the Sample Schedules graphic below to view samples of daily schedules for each grade level.
- Elementary: 9:00 AM - 3:45 PM
- Middle: 8:00 AM - 2:45 PM
- High: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
General recommendations for the timing of synchronous lessons for students:
Additional learning time will be allowed for independent work. Times may vary for each lesson based upon teacher judgment:
PS-K: 10-15 minutes
Grade 1: 15-20 minutes
Grades 2 and 3: 15-30 minutes
Grade 4 and 5: 25-40 minutes
Middle School: alternating days synchronous/asynchronous
High School: 80-minute blocks; 40/40 synchronous/asynchronous
What if a child cannot get online during school day?
Lessons will be available through recordings and other online resources. Students in grades 3-12 have access to email so that they can ask questions of their teachers. The teachers will respond to these questions during their duty day. Have questions about how we are taking attendance and determining participation? Check out the Attendance Page of our dashboard.
What can I do if I am concerned about my child's ability to keep up with virtual instruction?
Here are some examples of how you can assist your child if they need additional assistance.
- Sign them up for tutoring by contacting your child's school.
- Ask the school counselor to assist with "check-ins" to make certain that your child is keeping up with their workload.
- Make the teacher(s) aware of your concern, so that they can notify you if your child is not keeping up or not participating in learning opportunities.